Fidelity National Title / Baker Firm PLLC’s Commercial Closing Department is here to provide a quality commercial title and closing product. Our highly experienced personnel can anticipate potential closing roadblocks and coordinate requested insuring endorsements with the underwriter.
Coordination between the principles and their attorneys with the title and closing department is efficiently accomplished by commercial contacts.
The Commercial Department has a high degree of sophistication in the areas of:
- Sale/Lease Back Transactions
- Bond Financings
- Condominium Developments and Conversions
- Construction/Permanent Loans
- Acquisition or Liquidation of Loan and Real Property Portfolios
- IRC Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges
- Multi-state and Multi-site Closing Experience
- Master-Planned Communities
- Tax Credit Transactions
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
- Alamo Title Company
- Chicago Title Insurance Company
- Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company
- First American Title Insurance Company
- Old Republic Title Insurance Company
Tax-deferred exchanges are authorized by Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code. The requirements of the Section and other applicable sections must be carefully and thoroughly met, but when an exchange is done properly, the tax on the transaction is deferred, usually until the "replacement" property is sold.
We have a number of 1031 that we can recommend to act as Qualified Intermediary pursuant to the applicable regulations of Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code. Our Commercial Escrow Officers will coordinate the documentation with your counsel and your tax advisors to assure the smooth closing of these transactions. Contact us for more information.